What is a KPI?
A KPI is a measurable value that demonstrates how effectively a company is achieving key business objectives. Organizations use KPIs to evaluate their success at reaching targets. (Source)
How do I create KPIs in Kapta?
To enable this capability, you'll need to enable the feature, then create a KPI. See the sections below to learn how to complete each step:
Enabling the KPI (Metric) feature
1. Login to Kapta
2. Click "Go to admin mode" in the upper right hand corner of your menu bar
3. Click "Settings" in the menu bar
4. On the right hand side in the Manage box, click "Feature Settings"
5. Check the box next to “Metric Feature Enabled”
6. Click Save Settings
Creating a KPI
7. From this Admin mode, click "Objectives"
Note: If you're using soft labels to rename objectives, this will likely read as something else.
8. On the right hand side in the Manage box, click "Objectives"
9. If you wish to create a company (top) level objective, click "+ Create New". If you wish to link your KPI to an objective, click "View Linked Objectives" under the objective you wish to create your KPI.
10. Give your objective a name and the relevant dates
11. Click the "Advanced" tab
12. Click the "Track as metric" check box
13. Now, here is where you can define your KPI
A. Give your KPI a name
B. Choose the type of measure you'd like to create (Number, Percentage, or Currency)
C. Based on your type selection, you may be given options on how you'd like to see it formatted.
D. Assign a starting value (if there is one)
E. Choose your comparison logic (greater than or equal to, less than or equal to, or equal to)
F. Identify your target value
G. Assign the metric to the person responsible for tracking/updating it
Here's an example:
14. When you're satisfied, click "Save"
Updating Your KPI
In this case, I gave the KPI to myself. To update it:
15. Click "Exit Admin mode" in the upper right hand corner of your menu bar
16. Click "My Goals" in the menu bar
17. Find the metric on your My Goals page
18. Changing the value from 0 to the new value will automatically update the percent complete.
Note: I can even exceed the value and have an over-delivery against my goal
Viewing Your KPI
19. Click "Home" in your menu bar
20. Click the "Dashboard" sub tab
21. Click the "View By" dropdown and change the value from Objective to Metric
22. The dashboard now shows you your progress toward your KPI